About CPW and DirectInput.

hi,

I would like to know if the precompiled lib and dll for WindowsMS use directInput for JOYSTICK, KEYBOARD, MOUSE ?
If no I would like to know what I have to do to get that.

Thanks alot.

Laurent (France)

Originally posted by French:
[b]hi,

I would like to know if the precompiled lib and dll for WindowsMS use directInput for JOYSTICK, KEYBOARD, MOUSE ?
If no I would like to know what I have to do to get that.
Thanks alot.
Laurent (France)[/b]

The currently available precompiled bin supports DI for joystick input if the 5.0 DI library is installed, otherwise it falls back on winbase. Keyboard and mouse interfaces default to winbase in the current dll.

FYI the keyboard and mouse di input interfaces are not implemented in the current source distro. I have a version of on my drive with di mouse input but haven’t uploaded it yet. I’m not sure about di keyboard input… it’s fairly low bandwidth and so i’m not convinced it’s needed. opinions welcome on this. I’ll be uploading the latest release this week and will announce it to the cpw announce list and here too. I’ll also put precompiled dll’s up which support the various different interfaces.

Regards,
Jim

hi jim

I think that the best choice is to propose DirectInput for the joystick, the mouse and the keyboard. Like that, OpenGL coders will have all possibility between DirectInput and Win32.No arbitrary limitation!!

Thanks to you Jim for this great OpenGL Toolkits.

Laurent (France)

Well, adding DI keyboard input won’t be too hard so I’ll try and get it in there this week(end?). I just switched development machines which is why I haven’t uploaded the latest. I should have a new version with DI Mouse input up tonight. The release will also include a bug couple minor bug fixes people have sent in.

Thanks for the feedback…

Regards,
Jim

hi,

It is a very good news (DI for all input). thanks for this great support.

best regards,

Laurent (France)