cpw window parameters

is there any way to force a window to be non-resizable or otherwise alter the behavior of windows created with CPW? things like no close button, no frame, no window title, etc. would be handy.

Originally posted by mv:
is there any way to force a window to be non-resizable or otherwise alter the behavior of windows created with CPW? things like no close button, no frame, no window title, etc. would be handy.

Hey mv,

Most of this is already available through cpwInitWindowProperty. Take a look at the windowstyles conformance demo. Popups for example are not resizable and have no title bar or frame. If there’s something missing here that you need, let me know and I’ll add it to the next release.

Regards,
Jim

/* window style flags */

CPW_WINDOWPROP_STANDARD
CPW_WINDOWPROP_POPUP
CPW_WINDOWPROP_NODRESSING

/* window border style flags */

CPW_WINDOWPROP_NOBORDER
CPW_WINDOWPROP_THINBORDER
CPW_WINDOWPROP_THICKBORDER

/* setting numerical options */

CPW_WINDOWPROP_POSITION
CPW_WINDOWPROP_SIZE
CPW_WINDOWPROP_DESKTOP

CPW_API bool
cpwInitWindowProperty( pCpw cpw,
uint_32 property,
uint_32 paramone,
uint_32 paramtwo );

[This message has been edited by jmathies (edited 01-22-2003).]

For more deatil on these options, see the docs, or that sample, or simply take a look at http://www.mathies.com/cpw/srctohtml/cpw_init.c.html

Regards,
Jim

cool, i’ll give em a shot. i poked around the docs but didn’t see this info…

how about an “always on top” flag? i don’t see that in your reply, but then, i didn’t see this stuff in the docs either.

okay, so i am able to create windows without close buttons, etc. but they’re still resizable by selecting the edge of the window and dragging it. i’d like to lock the window size and even have the option of specifying the min size and max size of a window. not sure every windowing api will be able to handle this, but i know IRIX was capable of this.

on a side note, would it be possible to add a “host-appropriate” file selector to CPW’s core specs? i’m unclear whether or not there is a standard file selector that is callable from windows without having set up stuff that i’m basically not interested in setting up. since cpw is designed to handle the OS specific window stuff, i thought this might fall into that category.

okay, sorta along the same lines…

glut’s native behavior is different than is CPWs in regards to “activating” a window. i much prefer the windows to be active without having to first click in them. it seem that CPW requires a window to be activated by clicking before it will call my MouseMotion functions. is there a switch or something to toggle this behavior?