wglCopyContext

Hi!

I´m trying to get multiple PBuffers to work on a Geforce6800GT card. I´m using those 66.88 drivers.

While on ATI cards I have been able to share a single context among different pbuffers, especially between the framebuffer and a floating point pbuffer, nVidia cards seem to be much more restrictive. I have to create separate rendering context for each kind of buffer. Handling different contexts in a single app IS A MESS.

In order to get around my problems quickly, I tried to “hide” those multiple contexts from the application, e.g. switch them “behind the scenes”. This requires them to share their lists (textures, vbos…) but I need them to share their state, too!
So I tried to use wglCopyContext() in order to copy the state of the current context to the one that is made current directly afterwards. Unfortunately, that just causes a crash as soon as I try to copy the state from the framebuffer-context to the floating-point-pbuffer-context.

What is wrong with this? Is it a driver bug (I strongly assume that…)? Has anyone experienced that behaviour, too?

thx for your help

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.