NVIDIA 56.64 Driver Vsync Problem

I think I’ve found a bug in the new 56.64 NVIDIA driver. They’ve changed the interface <again>, so there are no separate D3D and OpenGL settings. It appears that in doing so, some of the settings aren’t getting applied to OpenGL correctly.

For example, in Quake2, running the timedemo gets frame locked at my monitors vsync (85Hz), regardless of what I set the Vertical Sync setting to.

Can anybody confirm this? Where can I go to report this problem? There doesn’t seem to be any kind of contact information at NVIDIA.com.

Thanks!
– Rob

I just try it in Quake3 and it works as well. When I enable vsync fps locks on monitor refresh. If I disable vsync fps jumps over monitor refresh.

yooyo

Quake3 works because it overrides the system vsync settings using the WGL_EXT_swap_control extension. Quake2 has no such support, thus demonstrating the OpenGL vsync problem with the new NVIDIA drivers. I’ve tried this on 2 systems now with identical results. Can anybody please confirm?

Thanks
– Rob

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.