modal window

Hello!
I have created simple application with second window that uses OpenGl on TPanel component. When I call this window as non-modal everything is ok, but when I try to call it as modal window there is no rendered scene on panel, though the only difference is in the way I call it from previous window. Could someone help me?

Athough there is no graphics on Panel, when I click on this Panel i can choose objects (in picking mode) bacause I have got controls indicating chosen objects and they change while clicking…

Where in your code is your rendering done?

A modal dialog will not give cycles to the rest of your application and no rendering will happen in other windows.

Modeless is threaded and will execute your main loop during the dialog interraction.

Originally posted by dorbie:
Where in your code is your rendering done?
I render my scene in this modal window during ‘OnPaint’ event and every time timer ticks (every 20 ms)

A modal dialog will not give cycles to the rest of your application and no rendering will happen in other windows.

Rendering must be fine but there is something wrong with displaying the scene, cause I can choose rendered objects (in picking mode) by clicking on the ‘invisible’ scene :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.