Is it possible to render two COMPLETELY different scenes at the same time?

Hello,

I have been attempting to get an application to render two completely different scenes at the same time.

I’ve been able to show the same scene from different angles or perspectives - via glutCreateSubWindow.

However, what I want to do is show two completely different scenes at the same time - not just different views of the same scene.

Every time I get to the glutCreateWindow function for the second rendering, the first one freezes - I assume this is a global memory access problem.

Is there any possible way to render two completely different scenes at the same time? Can this be done?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Yes it is, but you don’t need two windows for that, do it the same way as you did when you did two views from “different angles or perspectives”.
Just render something else when doing the other view.

The problem with glut is that it uses callbacks to drive the rendering, input and so on, and you can only register one callback at a time.
This means that the first window freezes because the function registed to draw to it is “overwritten” by the second windows draw function, and it is no longer getting any draw callbacks.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.