Text on windoze

hey, i had this little problem and i dunno if u can help me : I was writting my final proyect 4 the school and used glut to display the text over the screen, it worked fine in my computer and on some others, but when i had 2 run the prog over my school computers, text didnt show up, so i tought it had 2 do with the fact i was using glut, so i changed glut routine and used the 1 NeHe wrote, however, text still didnt show up there, also tried it in a couple of other comps and it doesnt show aswell. I dunno if it has to do with Ortho mode or some sort of misscoding, ill post the code im using, thnx in advance

glViewport(0,0,width,height);
glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION);
glLoadIdentity();
glOrtho(0.0f,width,height,0.0f,-1.0f,1.0f);
glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);
glLoadIdentity();

If you’re using the exact same code, and it’s working fine on your computer at home and not on other computers, it’s more than likely a hardware issue.

Are you perhaps drawing the text in an overlay layer which isn’t supported by the hardware at the school?

thats what i thought , so i ran a couple of nehe samples, and all they showed up text :eek:
So i tried 2 compile 1 up there, and it ran. So im not really sure if it has 2 do with the hardware.
BTW, nehe uses perspective rather than ortho, so i dunno if this can have any effect

instead of

glOrtho(0.0f,width,height,0.0f,-1.0f,1.0f);

you should use

glOrtho(0.0f,width,0.0f, height,-1.0f,1.0f);

or

glOrtho(-width/2.,width/2.,-height/2., height/2.,-1.0f,1.0f);

and of course you should stop using numbers 4 words.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.