Setting up OpenGL for use in VS6

Hey all,
ok, i have been trying to set up visual studio 6 so that i can use opengl in it for the past few days, and to no avail. could someone either send me somewhere where i can get a step by step instructions on how to do this, or tell me themselves, i would be eternally grateful. thank you. later.

Download some demos from http://nehe.gamedev.net and run them. I’m sure you can figure out what your’re doing wrong with that source.

The problem isn’t the source, I am trying to run an unaltered demo from the opengl programming guide (the red book). i think the problem lies in my lack of experience with the particular IDE (VS6).

Originally posted by NightGiant:
The problem isn’t the source, I am trying to run an unaltered demo from the opengl programming guide (the red book).

Well it most likely is the source. All redbook demos require you to include windows.h before all other header files when compiling under Windows. Try that and add pragma statements to include needed libs.

Hmm, still no go. I’ll just have to get my instructor to help me set it up, oh well, thanx for trying to help me.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.