Question regarding OpenGL32.dll versions

Hi,

This might be a strange question, but I was wondering how many different OpenGL32.dll versions tend to get issued for Windows?

My reason for asking is I’m working on a program with somebody who is wanting to have the various versions of this DLL on hand, so they will have access to any of the versions that users running the program may be running.

So the other part of the question is if there is a resource site someplace which will allow downloading of past versions of this .dll.

The information he asked me I honestly didn’t really know so I came here for help.

Originally posted by Lead:
[b] Hi,

This might be a strange question, but I was wondering how many different OpenGL32.dll versions tend to get issued for Windows?downloading of past versions of this .dll.[/b]
Very few. You might get a new version with a Windows service pack and you will at major OS releases, but that’s about it - Microsoft has left OPENGL32.DLL functionally largely unchanged since Win98, although I think they added an OpenGL 1.4 renderer in Vista. Also, it’s a system component and you can’t just swap different versions in and out willy-nilly.

ISTM like what your correspondent is really going to be concerned with is different versions of video drivers from the graphics card vendors, which there are many, many more of.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.