Blue tint??

Howdy

I’ve written a few OpenGL progs for Windows and I’m getting some complaints from people with SiS and Xabre video cards that everything has a blue tint! I’ve been through the code, and everything is coloured white. I can’t see anything that could give it a blue tint. I can’t even think of HOW to do that if I wanted to.

Has anyone else has any similar problems or know what could be causing it?

Thanks in advance.

Rob.

We had similar problems using Windows NT4 with fullscreen applications. In fact, the ‘blue tint’ is due to the lack of the red component. For some reason, the application works like glColorMask(GL_FALSE, GL_TRUE, GL_TRUE, GL_TRUE).

As far as I remember, windowed applications were OK and later we upgraded drivers and it got better in fullscreen too.

[edit] meanwhile you could try to switch the desktop colour depth, or ask a different colour depth when creating the OpenGL context.

[This message has been edited by vincoof (edited 12-05-2003).]

Thanks, I have now worked out what the problem was. I realised that red and blue were switch on some systems. I was using GL_BGR_EXT to switch them around when making my textures. I hadn’t realised it didn’t work on all video cards. So I wrote a quick thing to switch red and blue manually and Bob’s your Auntie’s live in lover.

Thanks again.

Rob.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.