GDI32.dll: Access Violation

In windows 98 SE. I create “fullscreen” window with WS_EX_APPWINDOW flag. Then I choose pixel format and create OpenGL context. After window is closed I release OGL context. Very often I 1-1000 access violations in GDI32.dll. I even download some examples from internet and they operate the same way and I get the same bug. What I do wrong?
I used GeForce FX and Radeon 9600XT video cards. And the last drivers.

I use this order:
Initialization:
1)CreateWindow(Ex)
2)GetDC
3)ChoosePixelFormat, SetPixelFormat
4)wglCreateContext
5)wglMakeCurrent

Shutdown:
1)wglMakeCurrent(0,0)
2)wglDeleteContext
3)ReleaseDC
4)DestroyWindow

And the bug is still appears.
Under winXP and win2k there are now such error.

Hello Leva,

…access violations in GDI32.dll. I even download some examples from internet and they operate the same way and I get the same bug. What I do wrong?
If you get the same bug with examples from the web this is not YOUR code which is messy, sure others code aren’t bad, so the problem probably come from your system, I read you have downloaded the latest driver… Hm If the bug is still here it probably come from your OS, I think Windows 98se is not adapted to develop correctly some graphic applications, not because Win98se is bad or something like that, just because the technology are growing but Microsoft don’t care about old system… :frowning:
I know the latest Windows is very expensive, so maybe Win2kpro will correspond to a possible solution, this OS isn’t too expensive now… :rolleyes:

take care, I speak about your OS, but maybe it’s another problem, but if you upgrade your OS I’m sure you’ll solve some future problems that you can have with your actually system

hope that helps, just a little…

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.