My first topic whit an big problem

Hi all,

My name is Cesar.

My problem: I have an graphic card SIS 630 integrated in the main board GFXCEL. And I have 512 of ram and S.O Win XP SP2.

if I don’t install the controllers of my card SIS630 and accent that windows installs the standard, my version of OpenGL is 1.1 (see whit OpenGL View - http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/))
and i can program in MSVC++ 6.0 without problems.

But when I install the last version of Drivers for SIS630 (versions for XP 2.9 or the 2.8a) from the page of SIS, the GLView show OpenGL version 2.9 or 2.8a according to that installed, this is an error, and I can`t run my proyec in msvc 6.0 this show an error “userdefined breakpoint at 0x7c911230” Module name: ‘ntdll.dll’

Remember, I can compile and run without problems whit the driver standar of windows for my card.

Please help me I like update my version of OpenGL to 1.3 (the last I dont believe that my card support this)

Add the resul of the analisis of GLView whit the driver version 2.9:

System Info
Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

Vendor
SiS DMA

Renderer
630/730 / MMX

Extensions
GL_ARB_multitexture
GL_EXT_abgr
GL_EXT_bgra
GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
GL_EXT_packed_pixels
GL_EXT_texture_object
GL_EXT_vertex_array
GL_SGIS_multitexture
GL_WIN_swap_hint

Core features

v1.1 (100 % - 7/7)
v1.2 (100 % - 8/
v1.3 (100 % - 9/9)
v1.4 (100 % - 15/15)
v1.5 (100 % - 3/3)
v2.0 (100 % - 9/9)
\b No ICD registry entry\b0 \line The current OpenGL driver doesn’t expose the SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows (NT)/CurrentVersion/OpenGLDrivers registry entry. Unable to detect the driver version, driver revision name and filename.
\i Compiled vertex array support\i0 \line This feature improves OpenGL performance by using video memory to cache transformed vertices.
\b No paletted texture support\b0 \line This may cause performance loss in some older applications.
\i Multitexture support\i0 \line This feature accelerates complex rendering such as lightmaps or environment mapping.
\b No secondary color support\b0 \line Some applications may not render polygon highlights correctly.
\b No S3TC compression support\b0 \line This may cause performance loss in some applications.
\b No texture edge clamp support\b0 \line This feature adds clamping control to edge texel filtering. Some programs may not render textures correctly (black line on borders.)
\b No vertex program support\b0 \line This feature enables vertex programming (equivalent to DX8 Vertex Shader.) Some current or future OpenGL programs may require this feature.
\b No fragment program support\b0 \line This feature enables per pixel programming (equivalent to DX9 Pixel Shader.) Some current or future OpenGL programs may require this feature.
\b Few texture units found\b0 \line This may slow down some applications using fragment programs or extensive texture mapping.
Extension verification:
\b GL_EXT_color_subtable \b0 not in list but has the entry point \b glColorSubTableEXT \b0 \line\b GL_EXT_paletted_texture \b0 not in list but has the entry point \b glColorTableEXT \b0 \line\b GL_EXT_paletted_texture \b0 not in list but has the entry point \b glGetColorTableEXT \b0 \line\b GL_EXT_paletted_texture \b0 not in list but has the entry point \b glGetColorTableParameterfvEXT \b0 \line\b GL_EXT_paletted_texture \b0 not in list but has the entry point \b glGetColorTableParameterivEXT \b0 \line

Thanks

it’s a known problem.
There is a bug in the SIS driver.

The GL_VERSION should be read ‘1.1 2.09’ instead of ‘2.09’.

SiS seems not to be interested of fixing that issue apparently.

What’s happening is that some applications are checking against GL_VERSION, and believe that your are running an OpenGL 2.0 video card, which is not the case …

Thoses applications tries to uses the ‘Core’ functions which doesn’t exist, leading to a crash.

If your computer is not a laptop but a ‘white box’, try to buy an AGP video card instead and disable the SiS integrated chipset from the BIOS.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.