GLU issues w/ GLUquadric

I’ve been working w/ OGL for a while and have a pretty good programming foundation, but I’m getting some errors using Visual C++ .NET on Windows XP that I’m simply baffled by.

When attempting to create a quadric like so:

GLUquadricObj *quadric;
quadric=gluNewQuadric();

using the glu utilities library, I get the following error message:

Could not load type GLUquadric from assembly Strategy, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

“Strategy” is simply the Solution name for those of you who are unfamiliar with .NET.

I assume my problem has something to do with an out of date glu32.dll file, but I don’t know how to build a new one from glu32.lib nor can I find a compatible file on the net. I can use other pieces of the glu library, such as gluPerspective() and gluLookAt(), which confuses me further.

Anyone have any ideas?

Did you get the problem worked out? If so, let me know how you did it, I’m having the same problem!

nope… still haven’t gotten it working…

You have probably created a C# project, as C# uses Assembly’s. The “C++ project” underwent a name change to “Managed C++ Extension Project” (something similar).

Well done!

That got it working. For those of you who are unclear as to what this solution entitles, here’s the run-down.

In order to turn off managed extensions, simply go to project -> properties and under Configuration Properties -> General set “Use Managed extensions” to no. Mine was on yes - I suppose .NET defaults to this. Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.