pixel format

My engine runs fine in XP
but in any other windows version(98, ME) I get this
when I run the exe:
GLUT: Fatal Error: pixel format with necessary capabiliti
es not found.
What is the pixel format? What can be done?

Lamer! Why are you using GLUT? Did ya know what is Handle? What is Device Context?

Originally posted by Azazel:
Lamer! Why are you using GLUT? Did ya know what is Handle? What is Device Context?

Hey, keep quiet. I am not a moderator but I am somewhat disturbed by that. You may ask why this has not been asked on beginner’s forum but I don’t think this is a problem!

What is a pixel format?
A pixel format is, pretty obviously, a “thing” which describes how information foreach pixel is stored.

A pixel format contains for example, number or red bits per pixel, number of green bits and so go on.

Now, the real problem is that if you’re using GLUT (and you’re right using it if you are a beginner in my opinion) the API should choose the right pixel format itself and let you “just draw”.

What can be done?
First of all, you may tell us what flags are asking… (sorry to be not really useful here but I have my own api to do this and I don’t remember the exact GLUT mechanism).
Then, we could try to figure out if your HW supports that flag combination.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.