open gl error

i got some problems with my grafics card
it’s a: Nvidia GeForce 2 GTS/GeForce Pro

since some games told me(after i installed windows xp+sp2) that they could not load the openGL
i went to the official site of nvidia an downloaded the newest driver. but when i want to run the update it tells me that there are no compatible hardware installed(i even tried all the possible windows xp drivers). this is where i got lost. anyone have a idea how to solve this?

Hm, maybe your graphic cards driver isn’t supported anymore by Nvidia corp. I suggest you to download driver from the Nvidia archive, search if nvidia support anymore this card, and try to update these via manufacturer drivers (Abit,HIS,LeadTek,PNY,Sapphire…)

Maybe this is a mistake in gfx card model, but why any drivers doesn’t work ? That’s the question, i think this is because nvidia doesn’t support it anymore…

If your system is not outdated you can buy a decent gfx card.

Hope that helps

ok i been to archifes, downloaded the correct newwest driver(and it is still supported bij nvidia). so most thing work well now the problem has chanced. more games work now but a game like wolfenstein,enemy teritory says it could not load the openGL subsystem?? i dont even get what it means. but i got the newest driver now, and i,ve heared more people who,ve updated there pc to WinXP gettting problems with ther openGL subsystem. u guys got any solution for this?

Damn,

Usually when an error like that occurs, I suggest people to download latest driver from manufacturer’s website =/
I think these games are using a version of opengl which is not compatible with your graphic card…
Sorry

You can try the OpenGL gamers forum or try to change some options inside game…

ok i fixed the openGL subsystem by doing something with replacing some .dll files.
now i get a error with no name.
IS THERE A POSSIBILITY TO FIND OUT WHAT MAKES THE ERROR OCCUR?

I don’t know, try to describe the error occured

Check the back face of your game, there is recomendation about hardware needed

Yea, I have the same problem with Soldier of Fortune II Double Helix, it says this in the faq:

If you get an OpenGL error when trying to run the game, this means that your current graphics drivers do not support the graphics system the game needs to run. You should get the latest graphic drivers from your cards manufacture.

This is also common of Windows XP systems. After windows XP is installed, it uses its own graphics drivers which are not OpenGL compatible. They simply need to be replaced smile

Another solution is to install GL Setup. This is an application intended to make sure that your drivers are OpenGL compatible. Get it here.

Of course the link where get it here is supposed to go is: http://glsetup.com of course this site is no longer up so if anyone can find out what file to replace please send me the information at pyromantice@hotmail.com

Anyway guys, this is a developer forum, not an hotline.

ow ok sorry thought it was a forum for problems with openGl (thats how i found it). anyway i’m a little starting programmer myself:D

anyway here’s a copy of what the game’s does until it gives the unnamed error

ET 2.60 win-x86 Mar 10 2005
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\pak2.pk3 (22 files)
C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\pak1.pk3 (10 files)
C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\pak0.pk3 (3725 files)
C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\mp_bin.pk3 (6 files)
C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/etmain

3763 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn’t exec language.cfg
couldn’t exec autoexec.cfg
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
…detecting CPU, found AMD w/ 3DNow!
Bypassing CD checks
Found high quality video and normal CPU
— Common Initialization Complete —
Winsock Initialized
Opening IP socket: localhost:27960
Hostname: dalan
IP: 10.0.0.150
Working directory: C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory
execing preset_normal.cfg

I can see for my self that 2 errors occur. but the proses continues so i don’t think thats the problem. any last suggetstion(i won’t bother u programers again:P)

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.