Problem with OpenGL in Borland C++

Hi everyone,

I am trying to compile a OpenGL sample code from this website using Borland C++ Builder, but it showed this message.

[Linker Error] ‘C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\LIB\GLUT32.LIB’ contains invalid OMF record, type 0x21 (possibly COFF)

What does this mean?
Anything to do with my graphic card? I am using Nvidia FX5200 support OpenGL1.4

I have installed GLUT on my system and the compiler library…etc. Still have this message.
Anyone knows why? Thanks! :mad:

COFF means common object file format.
The message means that the Borland linker doesn’t like the format of your GLUT32.LIB file.
Where did you take it from? It was probably built by a Microsoft compiler.
Look if you find one which is built with Borlands compiler or download the GLUT sources and build it yourself.
This has absolutely nothing to do with your hardware.

I had the same issue, and it is because the format is incorrect. There is a utility included with C++ Builder called Coff2Omf that you can use to convert the library from it’s present format to OMF. Everything compiled fine after I did the converstion.

Originally posted by freshveg:
[b]Hi everyone,

I am trying to compile a OpenGL sample code from this website using Borland C++ Builder, but it showed this message.

[Linker Error] ‘C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\LIB\GLUT32.LIB’ contains invalid OMF record, type 0x21 (possibly COFF)

What does this mean?
Anything to do with my graphic card? I am using Nvidia FX5200 support OpenGL1.4

I have installed GLUT on my system and the compiler library…etc. Still have this message.
Anyone knows why? Thanks! :mad: [/b]

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.