Do a "real" openGL SDK, not only an API

Ok… One of the most important things I think OGL lacks is that is an API, not a SDK… I will explain myself… Look at some SDKs…

3dsmax SDK, Maya SDK, DirectX, OpenAL, OggVorbis…

All contains documentation, examples, presentations, white pappers… And look now OPenGL… none… if you want examples or presentation you must go to www.opengl.org or find in google… That’s evil.

So, pack ( .ZIP, .TAR, Installshield, RPM or whatever ) ALL the include/cpp/LIB files, ALL the examples(a NICE bunch, with code comments), ALL the presentations, ALL the white pappers, ALL the reference documentation, ALL the issues/how-to/bugs/forum/news… So if i am a noob I will find tutorial, examples, information in my OpenGL2.0 SDK CD. ( More like the DirectX SDK )

Of course, allow ppl to download by sections too…

You must look too at D3DX API… We need functions to operate with planes, matrices, vectors, full-hw.accelerated(3dnow,sse,blah blah), a way to read BMPs/TGA/PNGs, automatically generate mipmaps, normal maps,etc… So fusion glu/glut into OGL2.0

That’s all, thx

[This message has been edited by santyhammer (edited 01-26-2004).]

Yes, we discussed this here
http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/Forum3/HTML/011320.html

and look at the last post. It did get noticed.

I just wanted to put this comment in “Future OGL Suggestions” cuz I think this is important… The thread you link is in advanced ogl forums…

[This message has been edited by santyhammer (edited 01-31-2004).]