How Long??

i was wondering how long it would be before opengl 2.0 is released. i was thinking about getting the red and blue books but am a bit hesitant seeing as a new version is on the horizon.

what do you guys recommend, getting the books now or is it only a short while before 2.0 is released ??

I would imagine that Red/Blue books would take a while longer than OpenGL 2.0 to come out. If 2.0 comes out this fall, then books would probably not be avaliable until at least spring of 2003.

hum, i was waiting for a new edition aswell… how about opengl 1.3? i know, there are too few changes, but a new book edition would be good, right?
can anyone suggest other books? i’d be interested in a more advanced book than the red book, cause i can access to the red book…

tnx folks,
Tolga.

Originally posted by Tolga Dalman:
[b]hum, i was waiting for a new edition aswell… how about opengl 1.3? i know, there are too few changes, but a new book edition would be good, right?
can anyone suggest other books? i’d be interested in a more advanced book than the red book, cause i can access to the red book…

tnx folks,
Tolga.[/b]

No point. You may as well buy the books and get the specs for 1.3.

Luke.

And don’t forget the example programms…