SIOUX console & GLUT

Does anyone know how to get BOTH a SIOUX console and a GLUT window active together? I think it might require changing the buffer size of the Metrowerks SIOUX console while running GLUT…it seems that you have to have call the printf() function about ~200 times before you exceed the default buffer so that the SIOUX console appears and gets updated. If anyone can help I would appreciate it… Thanks!

I’m not sure about C but if you use the C++ std lib object cerr all output will bypass the buffer and be updated on demand.

Hope this helps

I’m not sure about C but if you use the C++ std lib object cerr all output will bypass the buffer and be updated on demand.

Hope this helps

With GLUT, you need to call fprintf(strerr etc, instead of using printf. It’s how it work, you can do nothing against it, it’s buggy, and it’s one of the many reasons why I don’t use GLUT anymore.

Thanks – you guys are TERRIFIC. Using the stderr definitely works.

Incidently, I too am finding GLUT underwhelming, but I have to use it since the code has to be cross-platform (targets = IRIX, MacOS, and Linux).

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.