Bus error with gl4java for MacOSX

I have reinstalled gl4java stuff following the howto instructions and when running the GlassCube example with ProjectBuilder I got this message : GlassCube has exited due to signal 10 (SIGBUS).

I tried again with ant on the terminal console : same result : bus error!

Can I have some suggestions in order to get out that situation Thanks

Have you installed the latest java 1.4.1 (build 102) from apple? I did and it broke GL4Java, resulting in sigbus errors. I have no problems with build 39. The only way to go from 102 to 39 is to re install the OS.

Originally posted by apclem:
[b]I have reinstalled gl4java stuff following the howto instructions and when running the GlassCube example with ProjectBuilder I got this message : GlassCube has exited due to signal 10 (SIGBUS).

I tried again with ant on the terminal console : same result : bus error!

Can I have some suggestions in order to get out that situation Thanks[/b]

Thank you for help. Do you mean reinstall OS 10.2 from the CD? Do this installation lead to lose software updates?
Alain

Yeah, you will loose all your software updates. It’s a bummer, but hopefully by the time 10.3 is out we will have a stable version of jogl to use instead of gl4java. Currently, jogl works with the newest java (provided you are running 10.3) but I have been having problems getting the GLCanvas to honor its layout so I am in the same boat as you… have to reinstall 10.2 to recover gl4java.

Originally posted by apclem:
Thank you for help. Do you mean reinstall OS 10.2 from the CD? Do this installation lead to lose software updates?
Alain

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.