Carbon_glut.lib

Help! I can’t figure out why I get these error messages in CodeWarrior 6 under OS X that look like this:

Link error: undefined ‘RemoveEventLoopTimer’ (code)
referenced from ‘glutMainLoop’ in carbon_glut.lib

With OS 9 targets, everything compiles, links, and executes just fine. With OS X targets, I can’t get anything to link properly (not even the sample code that’s included in the GLUT directory of OpenGL SDK 1.2). Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

RemoveEventLoopTimer is a function in the new Carbon Event Model and a glut function, check to see if you’ve included the necessary carbon libraries in your X target.

I got the same error after having reinstalled CW 6. The reason it pops up is because CW 6 ships with CarbonLib 1.0.1 or something, whereas the Carbon Event Model wasn’t implemented until CarbonLib 1.1. If you download the more recent Universal Headers from Apple and replaces the headers and stubs in CW’s “Mac Support”, everything should be fine.

-Thomas Jahnsen
cerebroid@excite.com.au

I got the same error after having reinstalled CW 6. The reason it pops up is because CW 6 ships with CarbonLib 1.0.1 or something, whereas the Carbon Event Model wasn’t implemented until CarbonLib 1.1. If you download the more recent Universal Headers from Apple and replaces the headers and stubs in CW’s “Mac Support”, everything should be fine.

-Thomas Jahnsen
cerebroid@excite.com.au

Thomas,

Thank you! Replacing the appropriate files for Carbon in CW6 “MacOS Support” worked like a charm.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.