QuickTime + OpenGL

Hi. I already posted this on one of the other boards but didn’t find quite what I was looking for (although I did find something useful)

I am writing a cross platform 3D engine that I will hopefully some day make a game out of. Sense the program is cross platform, I need to find a way to import textures regardless of what system it is running on. I am trying to use QuickTime to do this sense it supports both Mac and Windows, supports 200+ types/compressors, and is well maintained. I know about the OpenGL QuickTime demo (Sample Code - WWDC22 - Apple Developer) but that is a bit complex considering my current programming knowledge. I’m not particularly familiar with QT itself either. Are there any simplified examples of using QT to import pictures and/or movies to bind to polygons?

By the way, I don’t necessarily want to use QT formats themselves. I want to use the QT API to import from various other formats (PNG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, etc.)

Just use the Java OpenGL port.
http://arcana.symbolstone.org/products/magician/

Wouldn’t using the Java port mean that I would have to actually write the program in Java? : ) My program is written in C++ (and some C). Does the Java port have built in functions for inporting multiple picture formats or something?

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.