glutGameMode & OS X

does anybody know if&how glutGameMode is supported in OS X?
calling glutGameModeGet(GLUT_GAME_MODE_POSSIBLE) always returns 0 on a G4@800/ATI radeon 7500…
allright. i don’t care about it & go on, and i got fullscreen. but it seems glutGameModeString is ignored (i.e. no resolution swithcing)… is the fullscreen i get just a workaround to mask a partially implemented glutGameMode?

The current version of GLUT for MacOSX does not properly support game mode, so glutGameModeGet(GLUT_GAME_MODE_POSSIBLE) correctly returns false.

Dietmar Plänitzer has an improved version of GLUT for MacOSX, which I believe does implement game mode properly, as well as glutWarpPointer and a few of the other weak spots of the Apple implementation. You should be able to find it by searching.

well, i found out dietmar planitzer’s stuff on glutGameMode, and here it is…

//---------

void glutGameModeString(const char string)
{
/
unimplemented */
}

//---------

taken from http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/Sample_Code/Graphics_3D/GLUT_for_OS_X/macxglut_game.m.htm

grazie uguale

That looks like Apple’s current GLUT implementation, not Dietmar Plänitzer’s improved version.

I found the new version here: http://homepage.mac.com/dietmarplanitzer/FileSharing1.html

thanx for the link.
now i’m linking to the improved GLUT.
but i still can get no resolution switching.
i got a 1280x1024 display and a 1280x1024 GameMode screen is what i still get…

here’s the code:

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
glutInit(&argc, argv);
glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_RGBA | GLUT_DOUBLE);

glutGameModeString("800x600:16");
    if (glutGameModeGet(GLUT_GAME_MODE_POSSIBLE)) {

glutEnterGameMode();
    }
    else {
        glutInitWindowSize(800, 600);
        glutCreateWindow("window");
    }

glutDisplayFunc(draw);
glutIdleFunc(draw);
glutKeyboardFunc(key);
glutSpecialFunc(skey);
glutMainLoop();
return 0;             

}

if there’s somethin’ wrong, please tell me.
thank you again
alex

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.