Trying to compile

I’m trying to compile a program using make. The program is at the following link and it is the GeoMorphing program:
http://www.frustum.org/3d/

I was able to get this to compile on linux without any problems. I just bought a powerbook last week and I’m still trying to get the hang of everything. If anyone could suggest how I could get this compiled I would be greatful.

thanks,
Mike

It uses X11 and GTK, so you’ll need them installed. Apple has X11, and you’ll need the SDK too. GTK you can get from fink or darwinports.

The makefile will need to be pointed at these. For me, with GTK from DarwinPorts, this is enough:

CFLAGS = -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/opt/local/include
LDFLAGS = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/opt/local/lib

Then, you’ve got a bit of a porting job on your hands. The GL code doesn’t play nicely with the GL headers that come with Apple’s X11. In particular, the headers from Apple’s X11 don’t know about the NV programs or GLSL, and do know about versions of OpenGL newer than 1.1. I’m sure you’re capable of sorting all that stuff out :stuck_out_tongue:

In this case, the code will not currently work under OS X, because it uses GLSL (glCompileShaderARB in shader.cpp). You’ll have to wait for Apple to ship GLSL support.

any idea when apple will support GLSL? It seems really odd to me that apple doesn’t support it. Are there any work arounds for this?

thanks,
Mike

no, no.

I can’t say that I know very much about opengl shaders, but I found that Apple has a program called “opengl shader builder”. Would this imply that OSX has support for shaders?

Just wondering,
Mike

The OpenGL shader builder (currently) supports ARB_vertex_program, ARB_fragment_program, and ATI_text_fragment_shader.

I expect that when GLSL support does come along, the shader builder will be extended to handle it.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.