Quake 3 Arena demo

Hi!

I can’t play Q3 on my iMac (rev. D). Whem launching the game, I get an error message: “Can’t initialize OpenGL”. Why? According to system specifications, my Mac schould be more than enough to play the game!

Make sure you have OpenGL installed, sounds like you don’t, you can get it from www.apple.com/opengl (only Macs w/MacOS 9 come with OpenGL pre-installed, which didn’t include mine either). If that’s not the problem let us know and we’ll try to see what’s going on.

Morgan

Just also thought of something, make sure you have plenty of free RAM, enough for the System & Finder, 75MB or whatever it is for Quake, and 4MB for OpenGL, but you should still keep plenty of extra free ontop of that.

Morgan

Hi Morgan!

I have OpenGl installed! Version 1.1.2 downloaded from apple.com/opengl. Plenty of RAM (96 Megs installed + virtual memory turned on and set on 128 megs) etc… But it stil dosen’t work. It gives an “error 3”.

What is the problem?

Thanks for your help!

Michael

Hmm, so it quits with an error of type 3, not just unable to find OpenGL. Okay, a type 3 error is an illegal instruction error which I have had problems with sometimes. I’ve found that reinstalling Q3, OpenGL, and running Disk First Aid on my hard drive usually solves the problem (and making sure no applications are running when starting Q3). If that doesn’t work for you then I’m not sure what to try next, somebody else might have suggestions. Hope it works though, worth a try.

Morgan

that does sound more like a system error than not having openGL support, rev. D imacs have os9 pre-installed

it still wont work what the crap is happening to it did disk first aid and stuff still wont work???

Originally posted by MMEYER:
I can’t play Q3 on my iMac (rev. D). Whem launching the game, I get an error message: “Can’t initialize OpenGL”. Why? According to system specifications, my Mac schould be more than enough to play the game![/b]

Put it out of its misery and throw it out.
apple is never going to fix any of these problems. they do not have the resources or the talent.

Reinstall your system…there is something not right with it. This should fix the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.