SGIS_generate_mipmap broken Mac OS X 10.2.6?

Does anybody know if this extension works. I can’t seem to get to to work on my PowerBook G4 with Radeon 7500 Mobility under OS X 10.2.6.

The base level is fine, but i get are black textures for the mip maps.

texture=0;
glGenTextures(1, &texture);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture);

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_NEAREST);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);

//the following using GENERATE_MIP_MAP_SGIS dosn’t work, What is generated is
//the base level texture, and a set of mip maps that are black
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP, GL_TRUE);
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA8, [image size].width,[image size].height,
0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, [image bitmapData]);

//the following using the glu lib to generate mip maps works fine:
// gluBuild2DMipmaps (GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_RGB8, [image size].width,[image size].height,
// GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, [image bitmapData]);

glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);

With GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP turned on, when i query gl for the size of the mip maps they are properly defined (ie. if i specify a base level of 256 and i ask for the width of the lvl 1 mip map, it is 128 and so on) but when it’s off the of the mip maps are zero. So from what i gather the mip maps are being generated properly. Could this be a bug? Is there anywhere where i can look up a list of all know GL bugs on MAC OS X 10.2.6 (I know this extension was broken on 10.2.4). I’ve reported this to the Mac bug tracker but the status of it is still open, it’s been over a month now. Also nobody on the Mac gl mailing list seems to know. Any help is greatly apprciated. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.