Nvidia sdk on osx

hello – i was trying to run one of the examples from nvidia on my laptop the other day, and couldn’t get xcode to compile it. the project file provided is for visual c++

has anybody written a makefile to compile and run the examples?

or have any general suggestions on how to get them to work?

My recollection is that the Linux SDK works better on the Mac. That at least has Makefiles, which can be easily tweaked.

i successfully compiled the LinuxSDK on my mac. in fact, it if you look at the makefile, there’s a switch for osx, and it will actually make a .app for all the demos.

however, i was under the impression that Cg programs would run on ATI cards as well, and my laptop has an ATI card, but it didn’t work – it complains about missing extensions. looking at the guide for the LinuxSDK
http://developer.nvidia.com/attach/6489
it says stuff about updating drivers, and it looks like i need a nvidia card. but i can’t tell if the stuff written there is just marketing…

is there a way around this problem?
do i just have to work extra hard to get a Cg demo running on my computer?

Cg’s arbvp and arbfp profiles work on ATI cards. I’m not sure what you’d have to tweak to get the examples to use them, but the command-line cgc has an option to set which profile to use.

err, which ATI card do you have? Less than a 9600 and you don’t have ARB_fragment_program, so nothing that requires pixel shading will work.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.