Can't Link Open GL

Hi all!

I am a new user to Open GL. I have downloaded Apples Open GL SDK and set up codewarrior 3 to compile it etc.

But when I want to run anything I am getting the following error.

Link Error :undefined ‘fwide’ (code)
Referenced from ‘__glutFatalUsage’ in glut.lib
Referenced from ‘__glutWarning’ in glut.lib
Referenced from ‘__glutFatalError’ in glut.lib

Does anyone have an idea why? Could it be the link order? I have no idea what the correct link order could be.

Any help on this one would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kieran

Is this your own program or one of the sample ones?

What line in the code does the error point to and what is on that line?

–Kainsin

Originally posted by Kainsin:
[b]Is this your own program or one of the sample ones?

What line in the code does the error point to and what is on that line?

–Kainsin[/b]

Hi!

This is one of the sample ones. I have tried a few of them but all net the same result.

As for the error itself it doesn’t point to anything. It pops up in the error window and that is it. No information regarding which line may be at fault.

I am using CodeWarrior 3 on a PowerMac5500. I believe I have a the relevant opengl stuff to run anything. Could it be a conflict between GLUT and the mac that I have?

Thanks

Kieran

Hmmm…

It can’t be CodeWarrior’s fault because a friend of mine uses CodeWarrior 2 and it works okay.

I guess make sure that you have OpenGL installed correctly and at the latest version and also check and see that GLUT.lib is in the project window.

Also check the Access Path options in the settings to make sure that there is a path set that goes to the Headers and Libraries folders in the OpenGL SDK folder.

I’ll try recompilling all of the sample code on my computer and see if I get the same error or not.

–Kainsin

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.