borderless ogl

I saw the “boingX” sample in the apple dev section: it uses the “NSOpenGLCPSurfaceOpacity” method to create a 3d object right on the desktop (masking the ogl background context)

I’m wondering if it’s possible to use this (or corresponding) statement in a simple glut or (carbon) project

thanks in advance
Gio

Originally posted by <GioFX>:
[b]I saw the “boingX” sample in the apple dev section: it uses the “NSOpenGLCPSurfaceOpacity” method to create a 3d object right on the desktop (masking the ogl background context)

I’m wondering if it’s possible to use this (or corresponding) statement in a simple glut or (carbon) project

thanks in advance
Gio[/b]
NSOpenGLCPSurfaceOpacity is a Cocoa class so if you want it you should use Cocoa for the entire app. I believe that if you really want to you can mix it with Carbon code (or GLUT if you like) but it is tricky and I wouldn’t recomend it.

There are Carbon/AGL equivalents to the Cocoa constants and calls.

I doubt very much you can get GLUT to do it.

ok … and what about the agl corresponding “NSOpenGLCPSurfaceOpacity” statement? I cant find it, it’s possible to take a look at the cocoa source code of this class?

thanks in advance
Gio

AGL_SURFACE_OPACITY perhaps? Take a look at agl.h…

woah!!! no ONE word in all developer.apple.com nor around the world about this AGL_SURFACE_OPACITY!!!
I’ going trying this one

THANKS Cookie!!!

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.