aglBuildFont() and trouble with texture objects

When I use NeHe’s lesson 13, drawing fonts on the screen with aglBuildFont, any texture object I build after building the font list are corrupted while any texture object I build before is fine. I can also delete and add textures without building the font list and all is well so I think I am doing that correctly. Any ideas?

How exactly are the textures messed up?

Morgan

Sometimes they are a mixture of several other textures. The textures are compressed into about half of the size with the rest a mixtures of other textures or noise.

This seems to say that the construction of the textures is corrupted. I create texture objects correctly and I believe I create the call lists correctly also. I have double checked these but as always it does not preclude a mistake.

I have played with turning lighting on and off but this does not seem to do anything.

Hmmmmmmm, do any of the textures contain the characters that you built in the display list? This is pretty much just a copy and paste job right? If not, you might want to try a copy and paste job between a couple of the tutorials. You should probably also contact Tony (the guy who did the Mac GLUT ports) if you haven’t already. You could send me your source if you want, I’de be glad to look at it in some of my spare time, (I can’t remember that Lesson too well, I only do the AGL & DSp ports, but if you want to send me source I’ll dig some of the earlier lessons out again).

Morgan

You forget one little…

glPixelStorei(GL_UNPACK_ROW_LENGTH, 0);

I was making a simpler program for you (Morgan) and then I stumbled across what was missing. Thanks for your input.

I just looked at Tony’s code and the glPixelStorei(GL_UNPACK_ROW_LENGTH, 0); is not in there but for him it doesn’t matter because he never changes it elsewhere in his program. But I did when I was setting up my textures ther first time and after the new textures get misaligned. Such fun.

Glad you got it working!

Morgan

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.