PDA

View Full Version : glDrawRangeElements broken on new MacBook Pro?

03-03-2006, 03:42 AM
I have been told that my application crashes on the new MacBook Pro on glDrawRangeElements calls using standard 1.1 vertex arrays. Using VBO it does not crash. I tested the min and max index parameters so it is most likely a bug in the drivers. Is there anybody out there with a MacBook Pro who is experiencing the same?

OneSadCookie
03-03-2006, 03:33 PM
I have an Intel iMac (same video card)... if you post some code for me to test, I can test it for you.

03-05-2006, 01:04 PM
It works fine on the new Intel iMac running 10.4.4. This bug was either introduced in 10.4.5 or the graphics card or drivers are somehow different. I was not able to test it on 10.4.5 on the iMac yet. The code I use is pretty straighforwarded. I use GLushort as indices and have vertex (3f) and color arrays (4ub) enabled. I have inserted a couple of asserts to check for the min and max arrays in debug builds and it runs fine on all other systems so I am sure it can only be a bug in the drivers. I do not really care about GL_MAX_ELEMENTS_VERTICES nor
GL_MAX_ELEMENTS_INDICES and it might be that the data I pass to glDrawRangeElements may exceed upper limits. As far as I know the constants are only recommendations for best performance.