Help in movement please

hi, iam trying to make a simple game, but i have no idea why the movement looks so bad! ive already made a PacMan under Windows and it runned fine, this time i wanted to try under linux but iam not getting it done… i think it has nothing to do with the fact iam running under linux, ive tried continuous (and not continuous) movement. Ive asked this before in the forum and someone gave me the tip to activate flags to verify continous movement, but i was already doing that.

If u have pacience to see it running, here is the code:
http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~jagl/gl

thanks for any help

I will give it a try on my linux machine and get back to you.

Originally posted by hellox:
[b]hi, iam trying to make a simple game, but i have no idea why the movement looks so bad! ive already made a PacMan under Windows and it runned fine, this time i wanted to try under linux but iam not getting it done… i think it has nothing to do with the fact iam running under linux, ive tried continuous (and not continuous) movement. Ive asked this before in the forum and someone gave me the tip to activate flags to verify continous movement, but i was already doing that.

If u have pacience to see it running, here is the code:
http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~jagl/gl

thanks for any help[/b]

thanks nexusone, =))))

I tried compiling it but I seem to be missing a local header (pixel.h).

so it does on my machine

Ive corrected the problem, sorry

I tried to run the file and the TGA files are missing.

I think I found why it will not run, at least part of the problem it does not like GLUT_ALPHA.

glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_RGBA | GLUT_DOUBLE | GLUT_DEPTH); // GLUT_ALPHA

Originally posted by hellox:
Ive corrected the problem, sorry

Ohh iam so sorry… ive a lot of work to do this week and i dont have to time to spend on my dögun project. Ive noticed that when i corrected the problem about the missing pixe.h file, i forgot to put the subdirectory for the textures… I have the files at my pc (home) as soon as i can i will update the files, and this time they will compile =\\ (i promise)

nexusone thanks for the support! =) ill post a new message has soon as i correct the problem.

By the way, about the GLUT_ALPHA, u say he does not like it? u mean when u compile? or u mean while running the game he probably wont like it? (i didnt get it)
Ill try to ignore that constant and see the result.

Thanks again!
JML from PT

[This message has been edited by hellox (edited 04-29-2003).]

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.