How to print a dynamic string on the screen

actually i’m doing a radar display system… i have to prprint strings on the screen… but i dont know how to do this… can u plz guide me how to do so.

hey ppl i need to print an array of strings using opengl. can u tell me the command to so…

i know only 1 command -> glBitmapCharacter() to print a single character at a time… but my prob is to print a dynamic array of strings like

char **string={“hi”,“hello”,“fine”);

can u plz tell me the command to do so… it will be a tedious job to do so using the above command… cos my string is also generated at runtime only…

The GLUT libraries have string printing functions. Have a look there and re-post if you need more help.

i’m not able to find any such libraries… can u plz tell me any such library so that i can search them on net.

i got something from net as shown below which can be helpful to me… but its not recognized by my system… i have fedora core 3… may be it has a old version of opengl… can u tell me where to download its new version.
the below mentioned header file is also not recognized…

#include <gl\glaux.h>

GLvoid glPrint(const char *fmt, …) // Custom GL “Print” routine
{
char text[256]; // Holds our string
va_list ap; // Pointer to list of arguments

if (fmt == NULL)		// If there's no text
	return;			// Do nothing

va_start(ap, fmt);		// Parses the string for variables
    vsprintf(text, fmt, ap);	// And converts symbols to actual numbers
va_end(ap);			// Results are stored in text

glPushAttrib(GL_LIST_BIT);	// Pushes the display list bits
glListBase(base - 32);		// Sets the base character to 32
glCallLists(strlen(text), GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, text);	// Draws the display list text
glPopAttrib();						// Pops the display list bits

}et…

svn co http://onesadcookie.com/svn/repos/SimpleText
svn co http://onesadcookie.com/svn/repos/SimpleTextCDemo

It’s a little buggy with centered/right-aligned text, and not massively efficient, but it’s easy enough to use.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.