Multiple windows using X protocol

Hi everybody!

I’m trying to write a simple program with glut using the X protocol. I want to display multiple windows on different machines, but I don’t know how to do this, because in glutInit I can specify only one “-display” parameter, and multiple calls of glutInit is not possible. Has anybody some idea how can I resolve this problem?

Thanks,
joco

Hi !

I don’t think glut support windows on different displays, if you need that you have to use something else then glut (correct me if I am wrong, I have not used glut in a long time).

Mikael

Hi!

I think that you are wrong, because I can display a window on a different machine (using the “-display” option). The problem is, that I can’t display one window on a machine and an other window on a different machine.

joco

Originally posted by mikael_aronsson:
[b]Hi !

I don’t think glut support windows on different displays, if you need that you have to use something else then glut (correct me if I am wrong, I have not used glut in a long time).

Mikael[/b]

Sorry, maybe I was unclear, what I meant was that you cannot create one window on one display and then create another window and have it on another display, to do that I think you have to use something else then glut.

A little messy, but maybe you could have two glut applications, one for each window and have them talking to each other (sockets…)

Mikael

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.