Putting mesa and xforms together

my compile commands are:
$g++ -c -I…/include -O2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I…/FORMS File1.cpp
(same things for File2.cpp, File3.cpp …)
g++ File1.cpp File2.cpp ... Filex.cpp -o a.out -L../lib -lglut -lMesaGLU -lMesaGL -lm -L../FORMS -lforms -L/usr/X11/lib -L/usr/X11R6 -lX11 -LXext -lXmu -lXt -lXi -lSM -lICE ./a.out
it says:
Sorry, no matching visuals found.
What is this? A palm pilot?

recall that I copied from what MesaGL’s and xforms’s Makefiles. Those two Makefiles works fine in each individuals.

the File1.cpp … Filex.cpp works well in Unix system under sgi O2 machine because they are my class project.

I original thought I have too many options. so I tried the following shortest one:
$g++ -c File1.cpp
g++ -c File2.cpp
$g++ -c Filex.cpp
$g++ -o a.out -L…/FORMS -lforms -L/usr/X11/lib -lX11

it compiles fine as the longer one, but the result is the same as before:
Sorry, no matching visuals found.
What is this? A palm pilot?

I wonder if it’s my vedio card’s problem, or the version of the X11(3.3.2.3), MesaGL(2/6), or Xforms(0.89)'s problems.

what does “matching visuals” mean?

did I miss any options I shouldn’t miss?
well, it compiles well; it’s not my codes’ problems. I have focus on it for a long time but I have no clue what is going on.

can somebody help me?
Thankx very much.
From Alan.

Ok, matching visuals, visuals is basically the display configuration. You can create you visuals, setting the color buffers and double buffered, then you attach this to a window. But you are not getting that far, once you create set visual configuration you must now get the visualInfo from the XServer. What has happened is you are trying to create a visual that your XServer doesn’t support. This is sort of like saying run my app at 1600x1400 when you computer only goes to 800x600 (somewhat).

I don’t know if you are using GLUT, if so, I have NO clue; I don’t use glut. Otherwise, look in you code for a command XGetVisualInfo you will find that if this command returns null then you print that error. Look above this command to see what you are actually trying to create and make sure that your XServer supports it.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.