Compile problems NVSDK/Mandrake 8.2

Hi,

I have installed the NVIDIA SDK version 5.1 via CVS on my Mandrake 8.2 box, and I am unable to get the SDK to compile. The errors I get are all parse errors in the file glh_genext.h. The first one encountered when I run the makefile in the /nvsdk/OpenGL/src directory is as follows:

make[3]: Entering directory /home/bethune/nvsdk/OpenGL/src/tools/nvparse' g++ -DYY_NO_UNPUT -DUNIX -Wall -g -I../../../include/glh -I../../../include/shared -I/usr/X11R6/include -c nvparse.cpp In file included from ../../../include/glh/glh_extensions.h:45, from nvparse.cpp:13: ../../../include/glh/glh_genext.h:96: syntax error before ;’
[…many similar errors occurr…]

Line 96 of glh_extensions:

GLH_EXTERN PFNGLCOMPRESSEDTEXIMAGE3DARBPROC GLH_EXT_NAME(glCompressedTexImage3DARB) GLH_INITIALIZER;

Note that I’m using g++ 2.96 to compile.

A lot of people that run Mandrake 8.2 have had problems with header versions etc., so I figure I should list the steps I took to get OpenGL running on my system:

1. Installed all MESA related packages that accompanied the Mdk 8.2 distribution.
  2. Installed latest NV glx driver and kernel packages.
  3. Copied glx.h, glxtokens.h and gl.h from /usr/shared/doc/NVIDIA-GLX1.0/include/GL to /usr/include/GL

While those steps allowed me to run openGL with hardware acceleration, I was unable to compile basic GLUT applications due to a conflict between the MESA GLU header and the NVIDIA GL header (The GLAPIENTRY symbol was the sticking point). I installed SGI’s GLU 1.3 implementation and that seemed to fix everything insofar as I can now build basic OpenGL applications.

The only thing that doesn’t currently work is the SDK compilation; I looked at the glh_genext.h header file, and I can’t really seem to find anything that points me in a direction to resolve the issue. Has anyone out there seen something like this before, or see any problems with the steps I’ve taken to set up my system to run with NVidia’s stuff? Any suggestions, no matter how farfetched, would be greatly appreciated…

Here are the steps you need to take to fix that problem:

1. Open gl.h

2. Find the “Extensions” section near the top of the file and comment the entire section out (place a /* before the first define and a */ at the end of the last #define in that section).

3. Open glxtokens.h

4. Find the “GLX Extension Strings” section and comment out the entire section like you did above.

Thank you very much for your help this got rid of pretty much everything that was problematic. The only thing left is an error stating that glCompressedTexImage3DARB is being multiply defined, but I should be able to sort that one out on my own. The header files that come with the SDK are quite a maze but I’m starting to see how it all fits together…

Originally posted by jra101:
[b]Here are the steps you need to take to fix that problem:

1. Open gl.h
  1. Find the “Extensions” section near the top of the file and comment the entire section out (place a /* before the first define and a */ at the end of the last #define in that section).
  1. Open glxtokens.h
  1. Find the “GLX Extension Strings” section and comment out the entire section like you did above.[/b]

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.