NVIDIA drivers problem

Latest NVIDIA driver causes sudden system hangs.
Not only OpenGL applications but also any action such as opening or resizing a window might cause the system to halt forever.

I’m using Fedora Core 1, latest NVIDIA, downloded yesterday, and GeForce FX 5200.

Thanks.

It can happend unfortunately. However, and since years ago, my linux is very safe but some problems during some GL apps. But no system hangs.

I don’t know what the problem could be, maybe your motherboard chipset is not well recognized, did you look if it is supported ? Also try a more recent kernel (fedora core 2 ?).

Finally, try to disable DPMS of your monitor, this is a well old know issue that can cause such severe problems.

I don’t know. but I started to change my attitude toward Linux being as a gfx os. And the only reason some visual fx comapnies use it over Windows is to save licensing.

Lets face it Linux is not stable or reliable as Windows XP is getting better and well supported.
OpenGL? Heh I find Direct3D is superior in every technical sense. DirectX where can u find the same under *nix things. Plug and play under Windows and enjoy the fastes hardware chips.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.