OpenGL RedHat 8.0 Radeon 7500

Ok, I have a Radeon 7500 and I just got done installing RedHat 8.0 (Newbie, sorry guys… but I do learn fast)

I installed the retail version of Return to Castle Wolfenstein… and I copied over the PAK files from my windows box, updated to newest version, etc…

Here is what happens when I try and run Wolfenstein:

Loaded 714 translation strings from scripts/translation.cfg
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
…loading libGL.so: QGL_Init: Can’t load libGL.so from /etc/ld.so.conf
or current dir: /usr/local/games/wolfenstein/libGL.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory
failed
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )

----- CL_Shutdown -----

Sys_Error: GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

Now I assume it’s because OpenGl is not installed. I am humbly asking all of you out there to help me get this working… tutorials are sorta handy… but i’m looking for FILES to install what’s missing. If you could point me there… I would be most grateful!

Thanks in advance for any help you may have!

-Bean

Have a look in the other thread in this forum: “Geting opengl” [sic]. I just posted some juicy tidbits there – mostly gleaned from the user guide at dri.sourceforge.net.

I appreciate the help… unfortunately since i’m such a noob, a lot of this Linux talk is greek to me. I’m 100% confused.

Then you’ll have to ask very specific questions and also show what you’ve already done so far.

Regarding your specific problem, it sounds like all you’ve done is try to run it and it failed.[ul][li]What docs have you read? []What did they say that you don’t understand? []Do you have a libGL.so in /usr/X11R6/lib?[*]Have you searched the forums here already?[/ul] [/li]
You’ll also want to read this before continuing: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

—j

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.