Glu/glut under mdk9.1+nv driver 4496

Hi,

I have seen that my gl.h(and two other files)
in /usr/X11R6/lib/GL are those provided by mesa and not the ones in the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run archive.
I don’t know for lib themselves.
The install of the NV*****.run was successful.
Is-it normal?

Moreover, i’ve no glu.h or glut.h but i think mesa was correctly installed from the mdk9.1 CD.
What’s the problem?

Originally posted by dephenomia:
[b]Hi,

I have seen that my gl.h(and two other files)
in /usr/X11R6/lib/GL are those provided by mesa and not the ones in the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run archive.
I don’t know for lib themselves.
The install of the NV*****.run was successful.
Is-it normal?

Moreover, i’ve no glu.h or glut.h but i think mesa was correctly installed from the mdk9.1 CD.
What’s the problem?[/b]

You should run the installer with --opengl-headers to overwrite the mesa ones. I don’t know why there is no glu.h present on your system but glut is not installed by mesa it is an extra package at least on Redhat (I mean fedora core).

thanx for --opengl-headers.

I don’t remember ever that nvidia sent glu.h and libgGlu with their drivers. Most people use glu include & glu lib that comes with mesa; on redhat you can compile mesa from src.rpm and it will produce an separate package for glu (so you don’t need to install rest of mesa)

glut is also separate and you can get src.rpm from here:
http://yarrow.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=86

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.