Externsion "GLX" missing on display "0.0"

I’ve been trying to get Crystal Space to work on a RH7.1 system and when I start it using the video=openGL option, it crashes. So I tried typing glxinfo and got the error message shown in the subject. I was under the impression that the new version of X had opengl support already built in. I’m guessing there are some libraries missing. Any ideas? (graphics card is a GeForce 2.)

Originally posted by whammy:
I’ve been trying to get Crystal Space to work on a RH7.1 system and when I start it using the video=openGL option, it crashes. So I tried typing glxinfo and got the error message shown in the subject. I was under the impression that the new version of X had opengl support already built in. I’m guessing there are some libraries missing. Any ideas? (graphics card is a GeForce 2.)

Have you got “Load glx” in your X config file?

$ grep glx /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
Load “glx”

Nope. It was missing. I changed video cards and ran Xconfigurator which apparently deleted that line. The GLX stuff works now, but crystal space (walktest) still refuses to run in opengl mode. The other opengl stuff seems to work ok.

Have you got drivers for your graphic
card?(www.nvidia.com)

Well, i had simmilar problems with my Ati. In XFree86.config there is usualy commented line
" Load glx", uncomment, and that is it. But, also you need enable that XFree load drivers for your card. Unfortunately, setting Ati and nVidia-s drivers is not the same, so i think that you should read help.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.