OpenGL on IA64

Where can I get a version of the xfree86_opengl distributions for the IA64? The MESA distributions are buggy. We used the I386 version of the xfree86_opengl rpms and they worked great on those systems. I would like to get these for the IA64.

hi!

Where can I get a version of the xfree86_opengl distributions for the IA64? The MESA distributions are buggy. We used the I386 version of the xfree86_opengl rpms and they worked great on those systems. I would like to get these for the IA64.

do you use rpms? i thought so, because you were speaking of them… anyway, do you know which mesa version you’re using? have you tried compiling the package by yourself?
you’ll like to ask at the mesa_dev mailing list, if it doesn’t work either…

i’d be interested, if it worked, so keep this thread running. also, could you run some benchmarks?

best regards,
Tolga.

I am currently using Mesa and have compiled it and have it working. The Mesa distribution that comes with RedHat 7.1 and 7.2 for the IA64 isn’t built correctly. I even had to fix one of the Mesa routines to get the __GLX_MOTIF code to work correctly. We are in the process of getting the system ready to perform benchmarks. The simple ‘gears’ program test showed the dual 800MHz IA64 system with an nVidia Quadro 2 Pro card to be 1.5 to 3 times faster than a dual 2GHz Xeon system with the same card installed. We are using the nVidia drivers. The IA64 drivers aren’t readily available and we had to get them from the system vendor. I would still rather use the OpenGL Xfree86 port if I could get it.

cool stuff!
hm, if you needed to modify code, then please write a mail to brian paul.
actually, xfree is using mesa as opengl implementation, but a prior version, so you shouldn’t matter about that :wink:

tnx for the benchmarks, but could you run perhaps some others, too?

We haven’t been able to repeat the benchmarks, so the numbers I posted earlier are no good. I’m at the point where I may have to rebuild one of the systems. I’m having trouble keeping them stable. I can’t seem to repeat performance numbers on them and can’t seem to get the nvidia drivers working right on one of the systems. Right now, using a real application that does textures and complex models the performance isn’t very good. A full screen demo was only getting between 30 and 45 Hz at 1280x1024 and should have been significantly higher. We may need to go to a newer kernel that doesn’t have the AGP bugs in it that ours does.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.