Big problem with my Nvidia drive

In the site of Nvidia,I download NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-3123.src.rpm and kernel file,but I ran NVchooser,it says you need NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-3123.i686.rpm how do I get it?it can’t find in the Nvidia site.
I execute :
rpm --rebuild NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-3123.src.rpm
and get
NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-3123.i386.rpm in my /usr/src/redhat/rmp directory
now my Xwindow can’t start,I had edit XFConfig68_4 file ,but it doesn’t work ,
some one could tell me why
perhaps I get the wrong kernel file
my kernel is 2.4.18_3
but i use kernel2.4.18_10,I thought it may doesn’t matter,but now ,do I need rebuild my kernel?or download kenel2.4.18_10?
how to solution it ,

You can download a tarball of the GLX and kernel driver sources and then recompile the driver yourself. That’s what I always do and I’ve never had any problems with it.
Just extract both tarballs into separate directories and do make and then make install. Of course, you have to edit your XF86Config-4 as well, which is described in detail in the installation instructions.

You said you downloaded NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-3123.src.rpm and kernel file. Do you mean NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123.src.rpm? That is the file you need if you don’t use a RedHat standard kernel. Then just rebuild it with rpm --rebuild --target=i686 and you have the modules needed for your kernel version in a nice rpm file. Install it and follow the instructions for editing your XF86Config-4 and it should work.

Thanks I had know what’s the problem

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.