Transparency in linux?

hi! iam trying to use tga files for textures, i know that opengl supports transparency in tga files but iam not getting any… Ive downloaded the NeHe tutorial for tga files, compiled it and i cant get the transparency to work. The texture gets black were it should be transparent. Ive heard (dont remember were)that running tga files to textures (in linux) usually fails, does anyone one know why or how to avoid it?

Thanks for any help =)

JML from PT

I don’t think the NeHe TGA loader loads the transparency information. Try a different loader.

There is no problem with TGA files on Linux. How could there be? It’s just a sequence of bytes ina file!

Are you enabling blending and using the correct blending function?

What tutor are you refering to?
I have not had any problems with transparentcy.

The just check out his tutor 32 which uses TGA and Transparentcy, worked fine under Redhat linux 8.0!!

Originally posted by hellox:
[b]hi! iam trying to use tga files for textures, i know that opengl supports transparency in tga files but iam not getting any… Ive downloaded the NeHe tutorial for tga files, compiled it and i cant get the transparency to work. The texture gets black were it should be transparent. Ive heard (dont remember were)that running tga files to textures (in linux) usually fails, does anyone one know why or how to avoid it?

Thanks for any help =)

JML from PT[/b]

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 04-14-2003).]

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.