Problem with the new ATI driver 8.21.7

I installed the new ATI driver on my Fedora Core 4 and it work. But if i try to compile a demo with commands like glCreateProgramObjectARB or glCreateShaderObjectARB it dont work. I look in the new opengl header and there i found this commands.
I use Biew to look in the libGL.so.1.2 and its not implemented. But there are commands like glcreateshader or commands with glX… or gl…ati.

How i can now use GLSL because the driver said that my card support all extensions which needed for GLSL?

Use an extension loader library like glew.

tak2004,
I also updated newer driver 8.21 yesterday on my SuSE. It officially supports OpenGL v2.0 :slight_smile:

I think you have to rename (remove “ARB” suffix) functions and constants in OpenGL 2.0 GLSL, for example,
glCreateShaderObjectARB() -> glCreateShader().

Here is more details about it;
OpenGL 1.5 to 2.0
==song==

Similar problem: Updated to 8.21.7 which gives me the version string 2.0.5582. Linking against the new driver reports undefined references to the GLSL function entry points. Why? What is the glati.h for? Thanks for help and suggestions!

You need the 8.23.7 drivers in order for GLEW to work correctly.

You should really use the extension loading mechanism (or GLEW) for anything above OpenGL 1.1. I know, sometimes it works on Linux, but this is not supposed to work. If it works and you link directly against the symbols, you get exactly the kind of problems you describe here…

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.