Starting OpenGL in Linux

I’m trying to just make a blank window (“hello world” if you will) in the linux environment. I can’t seem to get the tuts at nehe’s site to work, (the ports crash my machine, running redhat 8.0). I used to be able to run the nehe tuts in a windows environment, but now I’m not sure how to start out. Is there anyway to check that I have the right files, and I’m using the right make file or commands?

Did you download the linux versions of his tutors?

I have tested a few from nehe with RH 8.0, and everything worked fine for me.

Originally posted by ConfusedInLinux:
I’m trying to just make a blank window (“hello world” if you will) in the linux environment. I can’t seem to get the tuts at nehe’s site to work, (the ports crash my machine, running redhat 8.0). I used to be able to run the nehe tuts in a windows environment, but now I’m not sure how to start out. Is there anyway to check that I have the right files, and I’m using the right make file or commands?

The very first lesson itself crashed for me too. I downloaded the linux code.I have RedHat 8.0. can anyone tell what is the reason?

-VJ

I had no problems so, really can not say.

First what type of 3D card do you have?

I am have a Radeon 7500 video card.

Originally posted by Vijayalakshmi:
[b]The very first lesson itself crashed for me too. I downloaded the linux code.I have RedHat 8.0. can anyone tell what is the reason?

-VJ[/b]

My video card is,

SiS630 GUI Accelerator+3D

I have Matrox Millenium G450 video card.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nexusone:
[b]I had no problems so, really can not say.

First what type of 3D card do you have?

I am have a Radeon 7500 video card.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.