Problem rendering AA lines

Ok, this isn’t really Linux specific, it’s Solaris specific but I figured someone here might have an answer. I have an app that displays image data in a gl context and can overlay annotation data (text, boxes, lines, etc.) Under Windows, everything works fine. Under Solaris, I can add a line annotation object (GL_LINES) and it displays properly. The default line width for the app is 1.0. If I change the line width to something larger, it does not render. Changing it back to 1 causes it to appear again. I’ve found that performing other operations in the app (I havn’t figured out exactly what but it must be something which changes the gl state somehow) causes the behavior to stop. Also, if I glDisable(GL_LINE_SMOOTH) (which is normally enabled in the line drawing method) the problem also disappears.

I’m not sure what could be causing this so any suggestions are welcomed. I assume it’s either a problem with the hardware (perhaps some missing capability) or it might be a problem with sun’s opengl libraries. BTW: if I forward X connections to a windows machine running the cygwin x server, the problem does not occur.

Calling glGetFloatv with GL_SMOOTH_LINE_WIDTH_RANGE will give you the min/max smooth line widths. Similarly for GL_ALIASED_LINE_WIDTH_RANGE. You might also be interested in GL_SMOOTH_LINE_WIDTH_GRANULARITY.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.