Where can I get glut.h for linux

I have the mandrac 8.0 on my computer and I want to use openGL but when I compile my code, it says: cant’ find glut.h, gl.h, glu.h
I need them can you help me please

lolotte

Well, hard to say where exactly to find them because they are everywhere… but for writing OpenGL programs you do not only need the header files, but also the libs and the glx module properly installed… and if you have those, chances are pretty good that you also already have the header files… if not… well… they should be quite easy to find.

Try ‘locate gl.h’ or ‘find / -name “gl.h”’.I bet you have the files allready.If you don’t you hve to get and install the X libraries development package(xlibs-dev or something like that) for mandrake. If you do allready you have to tell the compiler where they are. For example if they are in /usr/X11R6/include/GL add the command line switch -I /usr/X11R6/include/GL to the gcc command line.This tells the compiler to look for include fils in that dir.Same goes for libs and the -L switch. Good luck!

With Redhat they have two RPM’s for the glut runtime and dev files…
If mandrac supports RPM’s maybe can use the RedHat ones.

Bewarned when you search, there is a glut.h header that is not a real glut.h header. It is for use with another graphics library to emulate glut functions…Make sure you have the correct one.

Originally posted by Lolotte:
[b]I have the mandrac 8.0 on my computer and I want to use openGL but when I compile my code, it says: cant’ find glut.h, gl.h, glu.h
I need them can you help me please

lolotte[/b]

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.