Linux Slow

hi, after i added some trees to my program, the program performance slow down by to 1/3 before i added some trees figures. so is there a way that i can make my program run fast? i am running on amd 800mhz. any function or command that i can you will be helpful. thank you.

If you are using OpenGL without any 3D graphic card will it certainly be slow. The only solution is to get the hardware.

yeah, you are right, but i am using the computer in my school lab so i just run it in window nt and it runs much faster.

The MS software implementation on windows has a bad reputation so this is surprising. Maybe has nt different resolution or color depth? Try to use the lowest possible values and disable all buffers that is not needed.

I think that most cards has much better 2D performance in windows than in linux because of better drivers and this can also be important.

I’m not running on much better, and even in software mode with several hundred thousand polys my speed is excellent… What exactly are you drawing here?

Chris

well i just draw some 3d houses made of cube and perhaps the reason why it slow is because i draw some trees that uses cylinder as branch and each tree has a lot of branches and i think that is why it is slow, but i change the cylinder stack to a minimum value so it a little bit better.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.