Glut for RedHat Linux

Is “glut” included with the Red Hat Linux 9? If not where can I find the latest glut installation RPM for RH linux 9 . Please Help me

Originally posted by Rana:
Is “glut” included with the Red Hat Linux 9? If not where can I find the latest glut installation RPM for RH linux 9 . Please Help me
I haven’t upgraded to RH9 … still using RH8. However, you can download the GLUT source at:
http://www.xmission.com/~nate/opengl.html

You can also look for RPMs at:
www.rpmfind.net

Good luck!
Ben

Well, after so much topics about redhat 8/9 problems, I decided to have a look at redhat website…

Wouldn’t it better to use Fedora instead of redhat 9 ?? I mean, redhat 9 is the predecessor of Fedora. So, Fedora may be up to date.

Originally posted by jide:

Wouldn’t it better to use Fedora instead of redhat 9 ?? I mean, redhat 9 is the predecessor of Fedora. So, Fedora may be up to date.

We plan to switch from RH8 to Fedora – skipping RH9 altogether since it won’t continue to be supported (e.g. security patches, etc.) and Fedora will.

To answer Rana’s original query :

Glut comes with Red Hat GNU/Linux CD’s, in Red Hat 9.0 check CD #2 goto RedHat/RPMS/ directory this is what you need :

glut-3.7-12.i386.rpm
glut-devel-3.7-12.i386.rpm

just do:

#rpm -ivh pacakage-name

this should help

If you never use glut, or glx or Windows library, then I advise you use glut for windowing support.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.