Nehe tutorial on initializing window gives error when compiled

Hi, here’s the error:

/tmp/ccodmAFC.o(.text+0x26f): undefined reference to ‘glutKeyboardFunc’

It does this for every glut and gl function in the small program. I checked to see if i had the .h files installed and they’re there. Does anyone know what I can do?

You need to link in the glut library:

gcc … -lglut

Ok, I did that and it got rid of all the errors that had the above form with glut* functions but the errors are still there for gl* and glu* funcitons. There are different errors now that say:

/usr/lib/libglut.so: undefined reference to ‘gluQuadricNormas’

and it looks like there is an error of this form for all the functions that start with gl and glu. I guess if i link another library it will fix all these problems. Is there something else I should link? I’ve been using VC++ 6 and i think it does these steps for you so thats why i’m confused.

Just use gcc … -lglut -lGL -lGLU.

Visual Crap++ didn’t do anything for you… you probably used NeHe’s project file which already had it specified.

All of the NeHe tutorials I’ve ever downloaded came with a makefile. Why not use it instead? Just type “make”.

right right I tried the make file but it wouldn’t work. I’ll gcc with theextra options.

Ok, the make file would have worked but when i saw it in the directory i thought i had to type makefile not make. SO make worked and so did compiling with the options, thanks guys.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.